For Google SEO optimization, keyword optimization plays an important role in the website. This article will describe what are SEO keywords, how to classify keywords, how to choose and layout keywords.
What are keywords:
Keywards refers to the content entered into the search box, keywords refer to words, numbers, letters, and the search volume is extremely high, as well as some special characters.
Why research keywords (importance of keywords)
To obtain information, users must search through vocabulary, phrases, and sentences. The search engine uses the words entered in the input box to match the information on the entire network, and the keywords that can be matched are keywords.
But everyone’s search habits and language habits are different. How to find the most suitable vocabulary for your product among the thousands of vocabulary and be searched by prospective users, and in the search results of the same product, it is easier, More cost-effective is presented in front of users, this is the focus of our research on keywords.
1. Classified by heat: Popular keywords General keywords Unpopular keywords Unpopular keywords do not mean that no one has searched for words, but that the keyword index cannot be found in some tools, and there are fewer people searching.
2. According to the main and sub-categories: main keywords, auxiliary keywords
3. Classified according to length: short tail keywords, long tail keywords
Long-tail keywords refer to keywords that are not target keywords on the website but can also bring search traffic. Generally speaking, the longer the word, the better the optimization, the longer the keyword, the more accurate, the higher the conversion rate, but the search volume is limited
SEO long tail keyword features:
- 1. It is relatively long, often composed of 2-3 words, or even phrases, which exist on the content page;
- 2. The search volume is small, because the long-tail words are longer, so fewer people will search;
- 3. Higher conversion rate;
- 4. The degree of competition is small;
- 5. The word volume is infinite; 6. The target is more precise;
Long-tail word development skills:
- 1. Region + keywords;
- 2. Question words + keywords (such as where is good, how, etc.);
- 3. Modification nouns + keywords (such as exquisiteness, supply, etc.);
- 4. Crowd + keywords (such as students, office workers, etc.).
- 5. Other types of words + keywords.
How to choose keywords:
The first step: keyword screening
In Google’s SEO optimization, tools such as Google Adwords and Adsense are first used to mine long-tail words. Then perform effective data cleaning on the long-tail word data mined (excluding unnatural search words, artificially invalid search words, and irrelevant words generated by data matching). Finally, a series of words are deduplicated with Excel or Python, and the redundant parts of the repeated keywords are removed from the keyword table.
Step 2: Keyword classification
Keyword classification, as the name implies, is to divide words into multiple groups according to a certain logic. For example, classify according to products, platforms, service providers, etc. Then these major categories are subdivided again, for example, the product category can be divided into different uses, sizes, and so on. Note: There is no accurate standard for the classification of thesaurus. The main purpose is to allow us to make a reasonable layout on our own pages in the production of the website. And pages in the same category can have strong relevance.
Step 3: Keyword layout
Keyword layout is to distribute the keywords we have organized to each page of the website. Usually, we will set 3~5 keywords on a page.