We can repair the original BIOS error by upgrading the motherboard BIOS to improve hardware compatibility, or to identify more CPUs, such as newly launched CPUs, which may not be able to boot with the previous generation motherboards. In today’s assembly of a computer, the third-generation R7-3700X Ryzen processor is used for the CPU. However, considering the cost-effectiveness of the motherboard, the X570 motherboard was not considered. The previous generation X470 motherboard was selected. However, due to the older BIOS, the CPU appeared In this case, we need to update the motherboard BIOS to support the new CPU. Because the BIOS is different, the method of refreshing the BIOS is different, but the method is basically the same. Today, we are targeting the ASUS motherboard to refresh the BIOS version. So how does the ASUS motherboard flash the BIOS version? Below is the installation home to share the detailed graphic tutorials of ASUS motherboard online BIOS upgrade, friends in need come and see.
Generally, there are two ways to flash the motherboard BIOS. One is to go to the official ASUS website to download the BIOS file corresponding to the motherboard model and store it in the USB flash drive. In the BIOS, select the BIOS file in the USB flash drive to upgrade, and the other method is suitable. Especially suitable for novice friends, more convenient and worry-free, that is, online online upgrade of the motherboard BIOS to the latest version, which is what Xiaolong, the home of today’s installation, said.
You need to plug the network cable into the host to connect to the network. The biggest difficulty for Xiaobai is that because the new CPU does not light up, you need to find a matching old CPU. For example, the X470 is equipped with a second-generation Ryzen processor or a first-generation Ryzen. Any type of processor is fine, as long as it can be lighted up. If this is not satisfied, you can’t follow the steps below. You have to ask the merchant to do it. But at least you read this article and you will flash the motherboard BIOS. It’s actually very simple.
ASUS motherboard online BIOS upgrade detailed tutorial
1. First, we turn on the computer, and when we get to the ASUS LOGO startup screen, we repeatedly press the “DEL key” or “DELETE key” on the keyboard to enter the motherboard BIOS setup interface.
2. After entering the motherboard BIOS interface, we press the “F7 key” to enter the advanced mode, as shown in the figure below.
3. In the ASUS motherboard BIOS advanced mode, we switch to the “Tools” tab and select “ASUS Upgrade BIOS Application”;
4. We then select “via the Internet” and click the next button.
5. Since we are connected to the host by a network cable, we choose DHCP and click the Next button.
6. When prompted to download the latest BIOS file, we click “OK”, as shown in the figure below.
7. This interface represents downloading the latest motherboard BIOS file and wait for a while, as shown in the figure below.
8. When the BIOS file is downloaded, it will ask “Are you sure you want to upgrade the BIOS?”, please choose YES!
9. At this time, the ASUS motherboard is upgrading the BIOS. Don’t cut off the power in the middle to prevent the motherboard BIOS from being damaged. You need to send ASUS after-sales service.
Note: BIOS flashing on the motherboard is risky. Do not power off or exit during the BIOS update process!
The above is the detailed graphic tutorials of online BIOS update for ASUS motherboards shared by the installation home. If you don’t know how to flash the BIOS version of ASUS motherboards, you may wish to refer to the above ASUS BIOS flashing steps. I hope this article can help you, more hardware For knowledge and installation tutorials, please follow the “Installation Home Technology” public account.